Follow the HCG diet protocol for weight loss results. The diet program is daunting the first time you do it. Ensure to have realistic goals to have something to expect ahead. The HCG diet is an approach to obesity than going through surgeries. It saves your time and energy for expensive weight loss products.
Here are some tips to make the diet phase of the protocol easier.
- Collect recipe ahead. There are various recipes you can try from blogs online. Plan your meals to avoid last-minute cramming. Go for cooking tips to make things more convenient. Avoid mixing different types of vegetables in one sitting.
- Plan your menu. Create a plan for your daily meals. It will prevent you from prolonging hunger during the VLCD. Sit down with a pen and paper and lists your meal idea. It will also stop you from going to grocery stores in the middle of the week.
- Weigh your food before cooking. It is essential when cooking meat options. Ensure to get 100 grams of meat per meal. Remove the fats and avoid cooking them in oil. Portion the rest of the meal and store them in your freezer.
- Avoid items that have animal fats. Cream and lotions are not permissible during the HCG diet. During the program, you can only use water-based products. The biggest organ in your body is the skin. Applying lotions that have animal-based ingredients ruins your weight loss.
What foods can you eat during the HCG diet?
Opt for natural and organic products. Avoid eating processed foods because it ruins your result. Avoid adding sugar to your coffee or tea. Processed drinks and beverages are not permissible.
How much weight can you lose during the HCG diet?
The HCG diet works straight in tapping your fats. For the 3 to 6 weeks duration, you can lose up to 30 pounds. It means you can shed up to 5 pounds per week. Continue with your healthy routine to boost weight loss. Avoid eating sugar and carbs to prevent metabolic disorders.
Makeup and cosmetics permissible during the HCG diet
Cosmetics and lotions from animal fats are not allowable. You can use:
- Powdered mineral make up
- Powdered lipstick
- Powdered eyeshadow
- Mineral oil for skin rashes
- Aloe vera gel as an alternative for oily lotions
How long is the Second Phase of the HCG diet?
The duration of the second phase of the HCG diet depends on your goal. You can spend at least 23 to 43 days on VLCD. You can also resume from phase 1 if you want to take another round. After the VLCD, you can introduce other foods slowly. Ensure you control your calorie intake to prevent gaining your weight back.
Why does the HCG diet allow only 500 calories per day?
Low-calorie intake can reset your brain and changes your metabolic rate. The VLCD controls the production of hormones. They block toxins from the foods you eat. Discuss with your doctor the protocol of the HCG diet before you begin the program.