The HCG diet is easy to follow and implement if you set a realistic weight loss goal. Stick to the protocol to gain a maximum weight loss at the end of your journey. The HCG diet is a low-sugar and low-fat diet consisting of 500 calories per day.
The 500 Calorie Plan on the HCG Diet
Start the VLCD on the third day of taking your HCG shots. Ensure that you maintain the 500 calorie meal during the Phase 2 period. To assist your body during the VLCD, ensure that you take the proper dosage of HCG.
The 500 calorie meal per day is mind-blowing and intimidating at first because that low would result in nutritional deficiency.
The 500 calorie meal during the HCG diet is safe only if you combine it with your HCG injections. Why? Because the HCG suppresses your appetite so that you will feel less likely to eat on the VLCD.
Why Choose the 500 Calorie Meal Plan on the HCG Diet?
The 500 calorie meal plan on the HCG diet produces an encouraging result on weight loss. It will also help your body shift to healthy habits that you can enjoy for the rest of your life. The 500 calorie meal plan helps you reach your goal faster than other modifications of the VLCD.
Will you Feel Hungry on the 500 Calorie Plan of the HCG Diet?
Starvation pangs are part of the process of starting the VLCD. They will last for a day or two. Starvation on the first few days of the VLCD is not something to worry about on the HCG diet. It will be gone as soon as the HCG spreads in your system. Inform your dietician when you feel persistent occurrences of hunger for a week or two.
Does the 500 Calorie Meal Plan Work for Men on the HCG Diet?
Men often have a large appetite than women but, the HCG works fair for weight loss. The 500 calories are more than enough if you take the HCG injections. It is because it suppresses your appetite and curbs hunger. It only means that the HCG keeps your satiety regardless of your gender.
Sample Meal Flow on the 500 Calorie Plan on the HCG Diet
- Start your day by weighing yourself and taking your HCG shots.
- For your breakfast, you can only have a cup of tea or coffee. Solid foods are not allowable to keep the 500 calorie intake per day.
- You can split your meals and eat fruits for a morning snack two hours after your cup of coffee.
- For your lunch, prepare 100 grams of lean protein, weigh, and take off the visible fats before cooking. You can also eat a serving of vegetables.
- When you get hungry in the mid-afternoon, you can eat the carb options. Serve a Melba toast or Grissini and drink lots of water.
- The quality of your dinner must be the same as what you have for lunch. Get 100 grams of protein, a bowl of vegetables, and one fruit. Eat your dinner on time to prevent late-night snacking.