Metabolism is the chemical reaction involved in maintaining the living state of the cells. It is the process of how the foods you eat convert to energy. Energy is vital to promote bodily functions such as breathing, digestion, and growing. During the HCG diet, your metabolic rate reset for weight loss. The HCG is responsible for boosting your metabolism by resetting your brain.
There are dozens of metabolism-boosting foods that can burn fat. Having them in your diet can help in preventing weight gain. For example are foods that are rich in fiber, protein, and other nutrients. Healthy foods stabilize your blood sugar and control cravings. It triggers your body to burn fats and controls your appetite for a faster metabolism. Some foods are good for improving your metabolism and diet.
The benefit of having a high metabolic rate
Your metabolism is the chemical engine that keeps you alive. The higher your metabolic rate, the more calories are burned. Having a high metabolic rate help you lose weight fast with no leftover calories. Slow metabolism tends to have more leftover calories in your body. It results in gaining stored fats. With a fast metabolic rate, you are less likely to accumulate stubborn fats.
Foods and drinks that boost metabolism during the HCG diet
- Coffee- You can consume coffee anytime you want during the HCG diet. Ensure that it is free from sugar to avoid weight gain. Caffeine can suppress your appetite. Coffee has other substance that improves fat metabolism. It can stimulate weight loss and suppress your appetite.
- Green tea-Drinking green tea is a good alternative if you are sensitive to caffeine. Tea has similar effects with coffee in boosting your metabolism. It has a thermogenic effect that results in fat loss. You can drink tea anytime you want but avoid adding sugar to it.
- Ginger- It is not just a spice but also considered a superfood. Ginger has lots of benefits and it is effective in reducing hunger. Drinking ginger or adding it to your foods can boost metabolic rate up to 5%. It also increases satiety, which means that you are more likely to eat fewer calories.
- Spinach- The high fiber content in spinach is an excellent metabolism booster. It contains nutrients and compounds that reduce a wide range of diseases. Spinach is one of the approved vegetables on your HCG diet. It has loads of nutrients such as iron, potassium, and vitamin C.
- Lean protein- It is an excellent metabolism booster that can protect your muscle from degradation. Lean protein is an absolute must when you are on the second phase of the HCG diet. It protects your metabolic rate from slowing down and it also maintains satiety.
These are just a few of the metabolism-boosting food that you can enjoy during the HCG diet. Fruits such as berries are also a potential metabolism booster. Raspberries and blueberries in particular are effective in dealing with excess body fats. These fruits can help your body produce a hormone that increases your metabolic rate