Having a fixed menu plan gives is one of the easiest ways to stay on your diet track. It is also one of the keys to a successful weight loss. A menu plan can help you avoid having the same foods every day. Having the same food almost every day leads to boredom and may cause you to cheat. Plan your meal properly and make sure that it reaches the 500 calorie requirements during Phase 2 of the HCG diet.
Meal flow during Phase 2 of the HCG diet
For your breakfast, you are only allowed to drink tea, water, or coffee. Solid foods will be allowed for lunch and dinner. Drinking fluids during breakfast will restart your metabolism as you continue to lose weight. The major meals for this phase are during lunch and dinner. The food portions for lunch and dinner must be equal. Each meal serving must have a portion of vegetable, fruit, and lean protein.
Menu ideas for Phase 2 of the HCG diet
Menu idea #1
- Take 3 oz. of chicken breast or other lean meats and remove all the visible fats.
- Season the meat with garlic powder
- Grill the meat and wait until it is cooked
- While waiting for the meat to be cooked prepare 3 oz. of cucumber
- Cut the cucumber into slices
- You can also add a Melba toast
- And a medium-sized HCG diet approved fruit
Menu idea #2
- Prepare a 3 oz. non-fatty fish
- Sprinkle it with freshly squeezed lemon juice
- You can steam the fish or grill it
- Have a serving of spinach salad and Grissini
- You can also have a handful of strawberries or blueberries
Menu idea #3
- 3 oz. of lean ground beef for the main course
- Season the meat with soy sauce. Make sure that the sauce is not sweetened.
- Prepare a small portion of tomato salad for your side dish
- Add 1 Melba toast if you want
- You can also eat a regular-sized apple
Menu Idea #4
- Prepare 3 oz. of shrimp meat and season it with pepper
- Sprinkle the shrimp meat with lemon juice
- You can boil or steam the shrimp meat
- You must also have a small dish or asparagus salad and a breadstick
- Eat a half portion of grapefruit for dessert
Vary the meat or lean protein choices for lunch and dinner. You also have to have different vegetable and fruit choices on you major meals. You can also use HCG diet approved spices to make your food more interesting. However, you have to avoid appealing foods because it can stimulate your cravings. Plan your meals properly to be able to achieve your weight loss goal.
Cook your meals at home
It is better to prepare your meals at home to be aware of the food ingredients and portions. Cooking your foods at home prevents you from eating foods from restaurants. It can also save much of your money. You have to personally prepare your meals to be aware of the number of calories per serving. Consider loading more on organic or freshly picked foods.