Giving in to junk food cravings often links to guilt, disgust, and self-loathing. Eating junk foods can kick in the reward center of your brain and stimulate your appetite. Avoid giving in to junk food cravings during the HCG diet to prevent weight gain.
Junk food cravings are powerful weight loss pitfalls during the HCG diet. It can overpower your weight loss goals and delays your progress. Junk foods can interfere with your brain chemistry and cause cravings. These cravings are often powerful than your willpower to finish the HCG diet.
If you cut down on sugar, salt, and fats in your food choices, it can help you improve your overall health. There are helpful tips that can help you counteract junk food cravings during the HCG diet. Start to:
- Identify the triggers and plan your meals. What are the typical triggers of your junk food cravings? The causes of cravings are dullness and stress. It often causes you to chug on sugary drinks or grab a bag of chips. Once you determine the triggers, plan your meals. Make a recipe plan that you will follow throughout the week. Prepare your brain for stress to avoid stress eating. You can also incorporate some mind-boosting activities to avoid high-stress levels.
- Manage stress. Instead of eating foods, find other coping mechanisms that do not involve eating. Stress can trigger your cravings but, you can manage them by improving your sleep. Keep your stress levels down as possible to maintain a healthy mentality during the VLCD. It will help you track your weight loss and stick to the HCG diet program. Avoiding stress also helps you make better food choices. Maintaining a low stress level can help you say no to your cravings.
- Ensure that your pantry is a junk food-free zone. Keeping unhealthy foods at home can cause you to eat due to inevitable food temptations. Keep healthy food choices in your store during the HCG diet. Avoid buying chips and other processed foods to keep your calorie intake low. When you have intense cravings, drink a glass of water or tea. You can also eat some fruits to reduce your sweet tooth cravings. You can also make yourself busy with other activities.
- Eat healthy foods. You can split the 500 calorie meal allocation into five portions during the VLCD. It will help you maintain your satiety without adding more calories to your diet. Ensure that you add more healthy treats to your meal to improve your weight loss. You can also have small snacks before bedtime but keep your calorie intake low. Slice a medium-sized apple instead of eating cookies and other calorie-loaded treats.
- Eat your meals on time. Avoid beating yourself when you experience cravings because they are normal. Avoid skipping your meals because it will prolong your hunger and can cause overeating at the next mealtime. Avoid eating fewer calories or too much than what is permissible during the VLCD. When cravings occur, you can shift your attention to other activities. Walk around your place or watch your favorite TV show. Ensure that you drink an adequate amount of water to stave off the causes of cravings.