The second phase of the HCG diet is known as the heart of the weight loss program. It is part of the diet that you eat 500 calories per day for 3 to 6 weeks base on your goals. The calories you get are from specific food groups that are allowable in the protocol. The cut down of calorie intake may not be fun but, it is worth it as it helps you accomplish your weight loss goals.
The Basics on What to Do on the HCG Diet
Start your HCG diet with daily shots of your injections. Choose your dosage or allow your dietician to set the proper dose for you. The typical dosing on the HCG injection is 125ius to 150ius. Another thing to do is to ensure that you eat 500 calories per day.
Stick to the approved products in your HCG diet food list. Only eat when you get hungry and avoid foods in response to cravings. Weigh yourself every day to keep track of your progress.
Can You Incorporate Exercise on the First Few Days of the HCG Diet?
The design of the HCG diet is to work without exercising. Per the protocol of Dr. Simeons, working out is not permissible in Phase 2. Stick to the protocol of the HCG diet to prevent weight gain. You cannot exercise in the first few days of the VLCD as your body cannot sustain the energy you need.
Why Exercising is not Allowable on the First Few days VLCD?
Unlike other weight-loss regimens, the HCG diet increases fat burning even without working out. It is because the hormone s straightforward in resetting your metabolic rate. Here are the usual reasons why exercising is not allowable in the starting days of VLCD:
- It can cause you to slip up from the diet protocol as it leads to intense hunger.
- The HCG suppresses your appetite but, when you exercise, it increases your desire to eat foods.
- Exercising slows down your metabolic rate and affects digestion during the HCG diet. When your metabolic rate slows down, it counters the ability of the HCG to burn your fats.
- Strenuous activities increase hormones that link to weight gain and binge-eating.
- Avoid intense workouts on the beginning days of Phase 2 as it triggers additional symptoms.
- Exercising triggers headache, fatigue, hunger, and tiredness.
Take note that an active lifestyle is the same as exercising. Your physical movement is enough to stave off excess calories. The fat-burning mechanism of the HCG during the VLCD is sufficient for rapid weight loss.
When can you Incorporate Exercise into your HCG Diet?
Wait until your body can adjust to the HCG. You can incorporate light activities on the second to the third week of your VLCD. Reduce the intensity of your workout to avoid interfering with the HCG. Opt for aerobics, yoga, walking, stretching, and swimming. Ensure that you have the energy to prevent calorie deficit when you exercise.