Dieting alone can strip away both fats and muscle which makes it a dangerous process. It is because losing muscle mass affects your overall being. Losing muscle mass because of dieting can hinder physical activities. It also lowers your strength and stamina. Muscle mass is vital in maintaining a healthy metabolic activity. That is why it is important to preserve your muscle mass while losing weight.
Preserving your muscle mass while losing weight is possible through the help of HCG. As you start to lose weight with HCG, there is also relative retention of muscle. You will experience a complete change in your body composition as the HCG burns your body fats. This process has a significant impact on the effect of metabolism and healthy weight loss.
Improving your muscle mass on Phase 2 of the HCG diet
- To improve your muscle mass you have to eat protein-rich foods every day. During the HCG diet, you can have protein from lean meat choices and vegetables. Lean meats such as beef, chicken, shrimp, and lobster are rich in protein.
- Aside from having protein you also need to cut down your intake of calories to improve muscle mass. The more calories you eat the more fats your body will store. Fats will destroy your muscle mass. Cut down your calorie intake.
- Maintain your HCG injections every day during Phase 2 of the HCG diet. The HCG does not only help in curbing hunger and burning your body fats. It also keeps your muscle mass firm and healthy even during the fat-burning stage.
- Avoid intense body training and workouts. Strenuous activities such as weight lifting and intense exercises can destroy your muscle mass. It will not only consume your energy but also results in a calorie deficit. Avoid intensity workout during the VLCD to avoid stress and emotional cravings.
The HCG diet-approved foods that can improve your muscle mass
- Chicken breast- This is one of the great food for muscle building and growth. Chicken breast is rich in protein that helps in maintaining your muscle mass. You can serve 100grams of chicken breast per meal on your VLCD.
- Salmon– A serving of salmon contains 17 grams of protein. It is great for muscle building. It also has omega-3 fatty acids and several important vitamins for your health.
- Lean beef- lean beef meat helps in improving fullness and curbs hunger. It keeps you stay full longer even in the low-calorie intake. Lean beef meat has thermogenic effects on your body which aids in burning extra calories.
- Shrimp- While fruits and vegetables are important in your health, shrimp can also improve your muscle mass. Without adding too many calories, shrimp can help in maintaining a firm muscle mass. It is rich in protein and amino acids that are important for muscle growth.
- Cottage cheese- Cottage cheese is the only dairy product that you can have during the VLCD. Cottage cheese is a rich source of protein for weight loss. This is an option for HCG dieters that follow the vegetarian protocol.