Meals are essential on the HCG diet but, be careful about what you eat when you are trying to lose weight. There are several healthy foods on the list that you can enjoy during the HCG diet. If you are unsure of your meal options, avoid buying them to prevent weight gain. Avoid eating carbs and sugary foods during the HCG diet because they are not permissible.
Although options on the HCG food list are fewer, they are healthier than your typical indulgences. On the HCG diet, your meal choices limit protein, vegetables, and fruits. Prepare your meals at home and avoid buying in drive-thrus and restaurants. Make a healthy meal for maximum weight loss on the second phase of the HCG diet.
Tips in Making Healthy Meals on the HCG Diet
- Include protein. It can make a difference in your satiety throughout the day. Protein is a macronutrient that aids in preserving your muscle mass and maintaining growth in your body. It renews dead tissues and sends thermogenic effects that increase fat burning. Protein can curb hunger and manages your blood sugar levels during Phase 2 of the HCG diet.
- Avoid adding sugar. You cannot eat your favorite donuts during the HCG diet because it spikes up your blood sugar levels. Sugar causes metabolic problems and ruins your HCG diet. A healthy meal on the HCG diet should never have any amount or form of sugar. Limit your food portion and ensure you stick to permissible foods for the VLCD.
- Drink a cup of tea or coffee for breakfast. Start your day with a healthy kick of your metabolic rate. You can only have a cup of coffee or tea for your breakfast on the VLCD. You cannot belittle them because tea and coffee contain loads of antioxidants. They are beneficial in your body when you are losing weight on the HCG diet. Tea has properties that assist the HCG in increasing your metabolic rate and fat burning.
- Add fruits to your meal. The approved fruits on the HCG diet burn excess calories. They are a healthier choice than your typical indulgences. Fruits contain loads of vitamins, antioxidants, and nutrients that fight against cancer and other illnesses. Opt for citrus fruits and apples to gain loads of fiber and ensure satiety during the VLCD.
- Avoid adding some oils. Fatty foods increase the unhealthy cholesterol in the body and stop the mechanism of the HCG. Cook your meals at home and avoid dipping them in oil and butter. Oily foods cause metabolic issues and delay your weight loss. They also have loads of calories that cause weight gain.
- Control your meal portion. The HCG diet permits 500 calories per day. Get your calories from permissible food groups and avoid adding too much to your plate. Opt for low-calorie foods to prevent guilt. Reduce your sodium intake and avoid reaching a plateau.
A healthy meal assists the HCG in burning fats. It also helps in shifting to a new lifestyle and healthy eating habits. For maximum weight loss, ensure that you are taking the HCG shots every day.