Hydration is the process of combining and treating with water for additional fluid to your body. Hydration helps in reducing the toxic substances in your body. Toxic substances can cause weight gain and other health concerns. When you are on an HCG diet, you have to maintain your hydration to stave off food toxins that stop you from losing weight.
Drinks that are allowable on the HCG diet to improve digestion
According to Dr. Simeons, you can only have limited choices of drinks during the HCG diet. For additional fluid for hydration you can have;
- Mineral water
- Sugar-free coffee preferably the black coffee
- Green tea or other types of tea that is not sweetened
Before starting your HG diet, it is vital to know the impact of hydration on your weight loss. Staying hydrated is one of your essential tasks during the HCG diet. The protocol of the HCG diet cuts down your intake of diet sodas and other drinks that claim to boost weight loss. It’s because diet sodas and other weight loss beverages have added chemicals that can slow down your progress.
How to improve hydration during the HCG diet?
- Aside from drinking water, you can have a water-based beverage such as freshly squeezed lemon juice with stevia. It is a healthy treat that does not add extra calories during the VLCD.
- You can also drink a glass of water at time intervals and do not wait when you get thirsty.
- You can also drink coffee and tea anytime as long as it has no sugar and other unhealthy sweeteners.
- To improve hydration you can also dig into low-calorie fruits such as apple, grapefruit, and orange. The approved-fruits for your HCG diet can also help in maintaining hydration.
- Make sure to hydrate after your light exercise routine to avoid dehydration and unhealthy cravings.
- Improve your hydration by drinking water before and after your meal.
- A healthy soup dish can also improve your hydration and satiety. Prepare a soup dish by broiling a lean cut of meat and a specific vegetable on it. It helps curb hunger and improve hydration levels without adding calories.
How do you know if you are having proper hydration on the HCG diet?
To track your hydration you can do it by checking the color of your urine every morning. When the urine is dark and it is in a smaller amount, you are dehydrated. You can also track your hydration by weighing yourself. Dehydration can cause weight loss stall because your body is holding water. So, there is a risk of stalling or gaining water weights. It happens because your body is retaining water to recompense for all the sodium you are loading.
What kind of water is advisable with HCG Diet?
According to Dr. Simeons, HCG dieters should opt to drink mineral water on the second phase of the diet. It helps in releasing toxic substances that are in your fat stores. Mineral water can help in cleaning your kidneys and aid your liver in doing its job. Your body needs enough supply of water per day to maintain optimal health and weight loss.