The second phase of the HCG diet is the most vital stage of the weight loss program. Begin to cut down your calorie intake and couple it with daily shots of the hormone. Keep your calorie intake during this phase to increase your weight loss and avoid pitfalls. The VLCD is sometimes confusing when you are determining what food to eat or avoid. But, you can refer to the diet food list to stay on track.
The question is; how can you possibly survive on the VLCD of the HCG diet? Well, HCG is not intimidating as how you think of it. The HCG makes the VLCD safe and helpful during the HCG diet. If you are a beginner on the HCG diet, you can follow the VLCD without experiencing extreme hunger. Unlike other regimens, the HCG balances your calorie and avoid nutritional deficiency.
The HCG taps your abnormal fat resources and release into your bloodstream all of the stored calories. It converts the burned fats into fuel so that your body maintains high energy regardless of eating less. It boosts your metabolic rate and curbs your hunger. When the HCG spreads in your system, it will start to suppress your appetite.
Does Hunger Occur on the VLCD of the HCG Diet?
Yes. Hunger is inevitable when you skip your meals or eat unhealthy foods. You can experience starvation during the first few days of the VLCD. But, it will be gone when the HCG spreads in your system. Hunger is typical on the first week of your VLCD when you skip the loading phase. Avoid Skipping your meals because it does not have any significance in reaching a maximum weight loss.
Tips to Survive on the VLCD of the HCG Diet
- Check the ingredients of the food and other products you have on the HCG diet.
- Avoid using lotions and creams that contain animal fats as they interfere with your progress.
- Ensure that the personal care items you are using are HCG diet-friendly.
- Find an activity that you like to avoid getting dull on the HCG diet. Keep yourself busy but avoid wasting energy on strenuous activities.
- Split your meals to have something to eat when you get hungry. It prevents you from prolonging your hunger and falling into food temptations.
- Eat protein and fiber-rich foods every day but keep your calorie intake to avoid weight gain. Maintain proper portioning of your meal sizes to keep your calorie intake low.
- Avoid drinking sugary beverages, alcohol, and other processed products to avoid stimulating your appetite.
- Use herbs and natural spices instead of buying food flavorings and additives. You can also use stevia as a substitute for sugar during the HCG diet.
- You can incorporate some physical activities but avoid spending energy on intense workouts and bodybuilding.
The VLCD of the HCG diet is challenging but worth it. You can avoid several weight-loss pitfalls when you stick to the diet protocol. Start your day by administering the HCG shots to increase your energy and suppress your appetite.