Make changes in your food options during the HCG diet. Avoid eating processed foods and calorie-loaded treats because they can interfere with your progress. Eating healthy does not need to be expensive because you can buy foods in a local Farmers’ market. It also does not mean that you will eat bland foods throughout the HCG diet. Read the labels of the food packages before buying. If it has a long list of ingredients, avoid buying them.
Buy healthy foods at a low cost during the HCG diet. Opt for organic products to avoid pesticides and ensure a healthy diet. But, organic food does not mean it is always a healthy option. You cannot eat organic cookies or snacks on organic dried fruits. Make better food choices by eating freshly picked products. When buying fruits and vegetables, always refer to the HCG diet food list to avoid wasting money.
Grocery Tips on the HCG Diet
- Go with a plan. You can buy enough food supply for a week to avoid buying excess foods. Make a detailed list of your needs to save money.
- Eat foods before leaving your house to prevent you from buying unhealthy treats in food stalls. Eating foods before going for a grocery run will help you maintain a low-calorie intake during the VLCD. It also prevents you from falling into food temptations.
- Shop the perimeter to avoid processed foods. Avoid spending lengthier time in the grocery store to avoid food temptations.
- Read labels to ensure you are buying healthy foods. Avoid food products that contain refined flour, preservatives, sugar, and salt. Fatty foods are not advisable because they can cause weight gain.
- Shop at your local Farmers’ market to cut costs and try a variety of foods grown locally. It helps the agricultural business in your area and keeps your food options on the HCG diet healthy.
- Buy the store brand because they have low calories than prepacked products. Store brand products contain similar ingredients from the options but, they are less expensive and healthy.
- Plan your meals during the HCG diet to know what you will buy on a grocery run. Make a list of the ingredients and items that you will cook to avoid spending too much. Plan out your snacks and meals per week to avoid going on a constant trip to the grocery store.
- You can also use coupons to save money. Healthy food stores may offer coupons that will help you maintain your progress.
- When buying personal care products, ensure that they do not contain animal fat. Avoid buying lotions and cosmetic products containing creams and animal fat because they interfere with the HCG diet.
Separate your foods from the household grocery supply. Grab another cart when you go for a grocery run for your household. Note that the typical indulgences you have are not permissible during the HCG diet. Healthy foods play a role in the HCG diet as they assist in reaching your weight loss goal. Regardless of what phase you are on the HCG diet, keep your calorie intake low and avoid overeating.