The design of the HCG diet is to help in weight loss without requiring external dietary supplements. You cannot add another weight loss booster to reach your weight loss goal. The HCG alone can achieve better results by following the protocol. You can ensure you remain healthy throughout the various stages of the program. However, this is not always the case with other dieters.
There are dietary supplements that can also aid your body during the diet program without interfering with the weight loss hormone. The supplements such as Vitamin B, C, D, and magnesium can help avoid nutrient deficit without causing weight gain.
Can you have dietary supplements on the HCG diet program?
The original protocol of the HCG did not mention specific supplements that you need to avoid nor recommend any brands. Ensure that your intake will not go beyond the board during the second phase of the diet program. If you want to consider some dietary supplements during the HCG diet, you have to make sure that it will not slow down your weight loss.
Many people include digestive enzymes, laxatives, and even apple cider vinegar for body cleansing. However, you do not need these during the HCG diet. The HCG is already responsible to increase your metabolic rate, which results in fat loss and cleaning. Avoid taking supplements if you are dealing with fatigue.
Dietary supplements that are safe to use during the HCG diet
- Vitamin A- This vitamin is a source of antioxidants that get rid of toxins from your fat store. On the diet, vitamin A helps to breakdown toxins that are released during fat burning.
- Vitamin B- The vitamin B is known as the energy-boosting supplements. You may not need more vitamin B because the HCG can help in supplying your energy. However, you add some if you wish as long as it does not contain other harmful ingredients.
- Vitamin C- It keeps your immune system healthy throughout the protocol. Although the HCG helps improve your immune system, you can still have vitamin C. Vitamin C will keep you healthy so that you can avoid other causes of weight gain.
- Vitamin D- The known source of vitamin D is from direct sunlight early in the morning. There are no typical sources of it in food or supplements during the HCG program. Exposure to sunlight in your morning walk can help you gain vitamin D.
- Vitamin E- This is full of antioxidants which are also found in fresh foods. Vitamin E is available in lettuce, cabbage, and other leafy greens. Instead of buying vitamin E supplements, you can stick to HCG approved food choices.
- Magnesium- It can turn blood sugar into energy which helps to burn lots of calories. Magnesium improves heart health and increases metabolism. It is also helpful after the VLCD because it maintains weight loss.
These supplements are vital to your body. However, to enable rapid weight loss, you have to maintain your HCG shots every day. The HCG is not only a hormone for weight loss it helps in supplying nutrients in your body during fat burning.