Obesity is an excessive fat accumulation in the body. Most of the cases of obesity are due to eating lots of food and an inactive lifestyle. Weight gain links to several weight-related diseases that include diabetes.
What is Diabetes?
It is a long-lasting health condition that affects your metabolism. Diabetes interferes with how the body process food into energy. Your body breaks down sugar and releases it into your bloodstream. As a result, there will be an increase in sugar levels in your body. It causes metabolic issues and weight gain.
Can Diabetics do the HCG Diet?
Yes, you can do the HCG diet but, you need to do it with medical supervision. The HCG diet is a low-carb and high protein diet. The eating pattern that you follow on the HCG diet is suitable for diabetic patients.
Here are Few Reasons why Diabetics can do the HCG Diet
- The food portions on the HCG diet have limitations to encourage weight loss. It is helpful for you when you are taking medications for your blood sugar levels.
- Weight loss is hard when your blood sugar levels are high but, the HCG diet aids in weight loss control.
- The HCG increases your metabolism and fat-burning. It helps you in suppressing the chemicals and hormones that trigger your blood sugar level.
- The HCG can counteract the effects of insulin and other medication sin increasing fat storage. It helps in reaching your weight loss goal and stabilizes your blood sugar levels.
- The HCG is safe for weight loss because it is a natural hormone. Regardless if you are taking medications, the HCG will not interfere with our medicine.
The HCG Friendly-food for Diabetics are:
- Foods that are low in calories
- Low to zero sugar in meals
- Leafy greens
- High protein diet
- Low-sugar fruits
The HCG diet is NOT a medical treatment for diabetes. But, through weight loss, you can lower its symptoms. The HCG diet protocol will guide you for faster weight loss and reduces your risk of diseases. Taking the HCG injections every day results in weight loss and better control of blood sugar levels.
The 800 Calorie Version of Phase 2 for Diabetics
If you have high blood sugar levels, you can follow the modern version of the VLCD. During the second phase of the HCG diet, ensure you eat at least 800 calories per day. Why do you need to follow the 800 calorie version? It is because your body needs adequate nutrients to perform weight loss and stabilization of blood sugar.
The 800 calorie version of the HCG diet will assist your body when you are taking some medications. Talk to your physician about the protocol of the HCG diet to set some limitations. Allow your doctor to adjust the dosage of the hormone and your medicine to avoid interfering with weight loss.
Other Benefits of the HCG Diet
- The HCG controls your appetite and keeps your calorie intake low.
- It balances your hormones to prevent weight-related diseases.
- The HCG increases your energy and productivity.
- It burns your body fats and preserves your muscle mass.
- Allows renewal and growth of your cells.