Stepping into the second phase of the HCG diet is a significant decision in itself. Doing it right is a smart action. Phase 2 of the HCG diet is an easy task when you prepare things ahead of time. One significant chore during the VLCD is to prepare your foods right as to how to make it according to the diet protocol. Food preparation during the second phase is essential, especially in preparing meat choices.
While the HCG diet permits lean meats in the food list, you should get the proper portion of the recipe. Phase 2 of the HCG diet allows 100 grams of lean beef or chicken meat per meal serving. You can also serve shrimp, lobster, and fish. Weigh every meat choice raw and trim all the visible fats.
Tips for cooking meats during the second phase of the HCG diet
- When preparing chicken or beef meat, make sure that it is fat-free
- Avoid using cooking oils or soaking your foods in fatty dressing
- If you are following the modern HCG diet plan, use oil in a minimal amount
- Avoid cooking processed meats to prevent consuming too many preservatives
- Do not eat half-cooked meats during the second phase
- When cooking meats, avoid “taste-trying” it to maintain your low-calorie intake
- You can eat 200 grams of lean meats per day, but you cannot eat them all at once
- When you need a small amount of oil, opt to use coconut oil but not always
- Guilt-free cooking is through boiling, grilling, or steaming the foods
Can you use an air-fryer when cooking meats on Phase 2 of the HCG diet?
The modern protocol of the HCG diet permits dieters to use an air fryer. However, you have to make sure that you are not soaking your foods with oil and grease. An air-fryer is a modern cooking utensil that uses the heat of the air to cook your food. It has almost the same result as the traditional frying of food. Another choice when you have no air-fryer is to use the non-stick pan.
How to choose the leanest meat for HCG diet Phase 2?
Lots of lean meats are available in the market, but not everything is edible for your diet. Choosing the leanest meat should be done with focus and awareness of the diet protocol. The best choice for lean beef is those that are boneless or skinless for chicken breast. Storing meat should also be in a proper way. You can chop it ahead of time and store them in the freezer for easy availability during mealtime.
Tips when buying meats in the market for your VLCD
When you go on grocery shopping, avoid strolling in the processed meat section. Do not purchase chicken patties, chicken nuggets, processed beef, and canned meats. Processed meat contains high calories, which can ruin the work of the diet hormone in your body. The preservatives and high sodium on processed products can also cause weight gain. Sometimes the delicious treats of processed meats are the culprits of your excess body fats.