HCG diet is a fast weight loss protocol that aids you to lose weight without undergoing weight-loss operations. This is a diet protocol which allows you to stop all your bad habits. Stopping your bad habits will help you lose weight and embrace into a healthy lifestyle. Losing weight through the HCG is easy and not depriving. The HCG mainly works in the major resetting of your brain for metabolism. It will eventually lead to a direct target of stubborn fats in various parts of your body.
1. Phase 1 of the HCG diet
Phase 1 is the first step of doing the HCG diet. This is a gorging stage where you are allowed to eat anything you want. The main goal of this phase is to load fatty foods as you can. It is pretty weird but it is needed. The loading of fats will help you prepare your fat stores for the next phase or the VLCD. You have to load on healthy fatty foods as much as you can during this phase.
Gorging phase of the HCG diet may seem intimidating but this is part of the process in losing weight. You are not allowed to skip phase 1 because it is part of the entire success. The HCG diet protocol will guide you to successfully finish the loading phase.
The foods that are allowed during phase 1 of the HCG diet
- Avocado– This fruit is diverse than any other fruits that primarily contain carbs. This is the fruit that is loaded with cream and fats. The fatty content of the avocado fruit is associated with various health benefits. This is also an excellent source of fiber and potassium that shows benefits to your cardiovascular health.
- Cheese– Cheese has a similar nutrient to a glass of milk. This is incredibly loaded with nutrients that would prepare your fat stores for VLCD. Cheese has fatty acids that are linked to lower diabetes. Cheeses are also a great source of minerals, protein, and vitamins.
- Whole eggs- This is a weight loss-friendly food that is high in protein. The healthy protein of the egg is very fulfilling. Studies have shown that an egg helps maintain the health of your eyes. This is one of the foods that are nutrient-dense that is high in fats and cholesterol.
- Nuts- Nuts are high in fats and fiber. These are one of the plant-based sources of protein for weight loss. Nuts are loaded with magnesium and have vitamin E. Nuts can help in lowering your risk of diabetes. This helps deal with the causes of obesity and other weight-related diseases.
2. Phase 2 of the HCG diet
This comes right after your gorging phase. Phase 2 is when your intake of calories is being cut down into 500 calories each day. Phase 2 is also known as the heart of the HCG diet. This is because the rapid fat burning and major resetting of your metabolism take place. Phase 2 is also the time where you will start to be effective in eating. You have to renew your view of food. Being effective in eating will help you learn the reality about eating.
Phase 2 of the HCG diet requires you to stop the intake of unhealthy foods choices as you are used to. This is because your intake of unhealthy foods can cause diseases and weight gain. Unhealthy foods are the usual foods that taste good and oftentimes cause you to crave. The eating style on the HCG diet will change by the diet protocol. Changing your eating style is a step closer to your weight loss goal.
The foods that are allowed during P2 of the HCG diet
- Kale and cabbage– These vegetables are rich in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. These are low in calories and you can eat them even it is raw. Eating them raw or half-cooked will improve the nutritional profile of these vegetables. These vegetable choices are rich in fiber that helps in digestion and metabolism. Kale and cabbage as well can help in fighting against cancer cells.
- Spinach– this is one of the most popular green leafy vegetable which can be incorporated into various dishes. You can have spinach in your soup serving, spinach salad and even on a smoothie. Spinach aids in bone and muscle health. This is rich in fiber, folic acid, and vitamin A.
- Lean meat- This is packed with muscle-building protein and is low in calories. Lean meat can help you stay full even in you are taking less calorie. Lean meat is taking off body fats. Lean meat is allowed on phase 2 of the HCG diet and even after your VLCD. You can have chicken breast, white fish, shrimp, and crab meat. However, you have to be careful of the fats in each meat serving. Weigh and take off the visible fats of your meat choice before you will cook it.
- Apple and strawberries – Apples are loaded with antioxidants, dietary fiber, and flavonoids. This lowers your risk of having cancer, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Strawberry, on the other hand, is low in calories and has vitamin C and folate. This helps maintain the health of your blood. Strawberry will fight against free radicals. This can also help in building strong bones and keeps it healthy during the rapid weight loss.
- Oranges and grapefruits– These fruits choices are extremely rich in vitamin C. this maintains a healthy immune system that prevents the future attack of diseases. These are also effective in lowering your blood cholesterol and sugar levels. Oranges can also fight against the risk of cancer and skin damage. You can also add oranges or grapefruits to add flavor on your water intake. You can create fruit juice out of these fruit choices.
Your main goal in Phase 2 of the HCG diet is making sure of the intake of calories. You are not allowed to eat less or more calories than the 500 daily caloric requirements. The most important things are to administer the HCG injection at the same time each day. The HCG is the key to reaching your weight loss goal fast.