A good day starts with a good breakfast. A nutritious and well-balanced breakfast is good for the start of the day. Breakfast will always prevent a person from overeating. This is because the person is already satisfied with the first meal of the day. Breakfast on HCG diet phase 2 is not a solid breakfast. It is just coffee, tea or water. This is a safe step because it is done along with the HCG hormones. After the VLCD, you are already allowed to have a solid breakfast. However, you still have to load on to foods slowly because the body is still shifting from VLCD. This is the time of adjustments and weight maintenance. Healthy breakfast is important even after the HCG diet.
- Eggs as a breakfast staple- Eating eggs in the morning will increase the feeling of fullness. It maintains the level of the blood sugar and lowers the intake of calories in the next meal. Eggs are the best source of choline that aids the liver and brain health. It lowers the risk of heart diseases as well as bad cholesterol.
- Coffee to improve the mood- This is a drink to wake you up. Coffee improves the alertness of a person. This is allowed in the VLCD or any phase of the HCG diet. Coffee has high levels of antioxidants the lowers inflammation. Coffee increases the rate of metabolism as well as fat burning.
- Oatmeal- It has beta-glucan. Beta-glucan has a lot of health benefits. Most of the busy people do not eat breakfast very often. This is not a good habit. You can have oatmeal and coffee before you start your big day. You have to at least put food in your stomach to support your body for the whole day activities. Oatmeal can help in avoiding cardiovascular diseases and it also lowers high blood pressure.
- Berries- These are nutritious as well as delicious antioxidants. Berries are very helpful in keeping the blood vessel healthy. It allows the normal flow of blood in the body. The normal flow of blood helps in the distribution of nutrients. These are low in calories and high in fiber.
- Cottage Cheese- This is a protein-rich food that is good for weight loss. Therefore this can help in losing weight as well as maintaining a healthy weight. This can improve the metabolism that triggers the feeling of fullness. Cottage cheese is a nutritious food.