A calorie is an indication of the amount of energy found in foods. The unit of energy from food calories are widely used in your system. It provides energy in the form of heat so that our bodies can function. The more foods that you will eat the more calories your body gets. This will result in weight loss stall and other weight loss struggles.
Can food calories cause weight gain during the HCG diet?
Too many calories can cause weight gain. It’s because extra calories from the food you eat will eventually be deposited as body fats. That is why you have to control your calorie intake during Phase 2 of the HCG diet to avoid weight loss struggles. Counting calories is important during the HCG diet. It helps you stick to your goals and increase fat burning.
Why counting calorie is important during the VLCD?
Calorie counting is important because it helps you understand more about how much food you need. Counting calories teaches you about the density and quantity of the foods you are eating. This will help you plan your daily intake of foods that are suggested during the HCG diet.
Tips in counting calories on Phase 2 of the HCG diet
- Keep a food journal- The food journal will be one of your best tools to control your calorie intake. You can use a notebook, paper, or use your computer to set records of your food intake. Keeping your portion sizes measured will ensure that you are not at risk of having a plateau.
- Make sure you did not eat too much- Your body will start to get used to the number of calories you have per day during the VLCD. Make sure that you are not eating too much to avoid weight loss stalls. Choose the foods that are low in calories and only eat when you are physically hungry.
- Weigh your food before cooking- Weighing your food is a healthy routine you can incorporate on the HCG diet. You have to weigh every food choice raw especially the lean protein. Make sure to have at least 200 grams of protein per day during the VLCD.
- Read food labels- reading food labels helps you choose the food that is good for you or not during the VLCD. The food labels are where you can find the list of ingredients that are active in each food package. Avoid purchasing foods that have a long list of ingredients to avoid too many calories.
- Eat organic products- Organic foods contain fewer calories than regular products in the market. Consuming organic foods helps you in the proper counting of calories. It also makes you feel satiated and less likely to eat too much during the VLCD.
Can you lose weight by counting calories alone during the HCG diet?
Counting calories alone cannot help you shed pounds. You need to maintain your HCG shots to successfully lose weight during the HCG diet. On the HCG diet you have to control your calorie intake so that the hormone can burn your body fats. Counting calories during the HCG diet is important to be able to develop eating discipline.