The HCG diet is a calorie-limited diet. It limits the caloric intake of a dieter up to 500 calories per day. It is restrictive in the intake of carbs and sugar. HCG diet is also a zero-carbs and sugar diet. However, the sugars that are found in fruits are allowed in some cases. There are also fruits that are not allowed in the diet because they are too loaded with carbs. The fruits that are allowed in the diet are listed in the food list. It is better to stick in the HCG diet protocol than to slip off from the track. The fruits are categorized according to their sugar and carb content.
These are the fruits with low sugar:
- Lime and lemon: these are usually converted into juice and as well as flavoring. Each cup of lemon and lime has 1.3 grams of sugar.
- Apricot and cranberries: Be careful of the portion of an apricot. You can serve a whole apricot as a snack. A small sized apricot has 3.2 grams of sugar. A cup of cranberries has 4 grams of sugar. Cranberries are sweeter if it is dried. Cranberries are low in sugar and are allowed in the HCG diet.
- Raspberries and kiwi: Raspberries has 5 grams of sugar in each cup serving. This is usually enjoyed as an ingredient or a topping. Kiwi as well as 6 grams of sugars each small size. You can have these fruits in small amount any time of the day.
Fruits with moderate sugar:
- Blackberries and strawberries: Each cup of these fruits has 7 grams of sugar. It is still allowed in the HCG diet in some cases. These are a great choice of snacks on the HCG diet. These are usually used as an ingredient for good smoothies.
- Grapefruits: A half grapefruit has 8 grams of sugar. You can also have this in a salad or whole. This can be eaten as a snack after lunch.
- Papaya, tangerines, and blueberries: papaya is the same with oranges. They have 12 grams of sugar in each small size. Tangerines have less sugar than oranges. They have 9 grams of sugar in each medium size. Blueberries are quite loaded with sugar. Each cup of blueberries has 15 grams of sugar.
Fruits that are high in sugar
- Pineapple has 16 grams per slice
- Pears and banana has 17 grams each medium size
- Watermelon has 18 grams of sugar per wedge
- Apples have 19 grams of sugar in each small size
- Mango has 46 grams of sugar each,
- Prunes have 66 grams of sugar per cup
- Dates have 93 grams of sugar per cup and raisins has 86 per cup
Here is the list of the fruits that has carb content at a low level
- Cantaloupe, Rhubarb, Watermelon, and melons
- Berries, tomatoes, guava, grapefruit, and apricot
- Limes, oranges, papaya, peaches, and plums
- Raspberries, tangerines, and Kiwis